Who doesn’t love garlic bread? Whether it’s as a side for your pasta or you just want to snack on the delicious bread, garlic bread is an absolute classic and all-around fan-favorite. It can seem like a rather complicated food to make, but we’re here to tell you that it’s actually super simple and easy! You don’t have to make the bread itself – you can just buy a fresh baguette or any bread of your choosing and make the spread yourself in a matter of minutes. If you’re planning on having dinner with friends, this is the perfect side dish to bring along. Aside from it being easy to make, everyone will absolutely love it and you’ll look like the ultimate chef. Of course, if you really want to go all out, you can make your own bread from scratch, but that won’t be necessary with this recipe here.
What You’ll Need
- A baguette, Italian white bread, or a standard loaf of French bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced Italian parsley
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425Â° (218 C) and have 2 sheet pans ready.
- Use a sharp bread knife and cut the loaf into thick 1-inch slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the butter and olive oil together until they’re combined. Stir in the parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and kosher salt.
- With a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of the mixture onto each slice of bread. Transfer them to the baking sheets with the buttered side facing up.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Sprinkle chives as a garnish and serve immediately.